With the Government’s planned expansion of subsidised childcare for the children of working parents, nursery businesses face big changes coming down the track.
Big changes pose big questions: How can nurseries meet increased demand from parents for places in the midst of a recruitment crisis and when funding is widely criticised as falling short of the cost of delivery?
These developments are set against the backdrop of a busy period
of mergers and acquisitions, raising concerns about the availability of provision in areas of disadvantage, and how the shape of the market can continue to support a variety of large and small providers, who operate with different business models.
Underpinning this, are the increasingly complex demands of providing high quality early education and care to every child.
We intend to get to grips with all of this at the Nursery World Business Summit on Friday 2nd February 2024 taking place in the Gallery Hall at the Business Design Centre in Islington, London, under the umbrella of the Nursery World Show. Delegates will have the opportunity to visit the Show exhibition during the refreshment and lunch breaks.
This vital conference is designed to provide a platform for you to share your views and opinions, as well as gain valuable information and advice from experts.
The conference includes:
• Keynote on early years education and childcare policy from the Children’s Minister (to be confirmed) • Ofsted early education lead Wendy Ratcliff with an update on early years inspection
• Big debate: How does the size of a nursery business influence the quality of early years care and education? • Latest analysis of early years spending and policy from the Institute for Fiscal Studies
• A lowdown on new training opportunities and how they can support staff retention, plus a look at key skills that graduates can bring to nursery businesses
• Advice and insights on working with local authorities to deliver expanded childcare
• How to make the right choices to be environmentally and financially sustainable • Entrance into the 2024 Nursery World Show
The conference is designed for: • Nursery group directors
• Nursery owners and proprietors
• Nursery and children’s centre managers
• Headteachers and EYFS co-ordinators
• Local authority early years heads
• Early years advisers